Monday, December 26, 2011

A BIRTHDAY PRESENT




Cute, bubbly and beautiful-This is how I know my sister. When she was around 3 years old, she joined this contest for Little Ms. Danipas (A search for the cutest and the smartest child in our barrio).  She bagged the 3rd runner up. We were nurtured by our parents with a happy-environment.  She grew up like any other ordinary children.
                As we grew older, things changed.  Time came that we studied in the same university. I encouraged her to get into this school and have scholarship because of the financial problems we have had.  Together with my other sister, we stayed in one house near the school. I know that it wasn’t easy for her to adjust in her studies.  When I graduated, only the two of them were left. I admit that I wasn’t able to guide them well. I had shown to them a “superior attitude”. I wasn’t the kind of “ Kuya” they expect. Most of the time, I was so cruel and so strict to them. I even have not remembered helping them in their school academic lessons when I was still with them. I know that there were times that they suffered in their studies even if I send them the allowance from my salary. I knew that they were longing for a brother, who will be with them in the most difficult times.
                There was one time that she called me up and told me that she wanted to stop studying. There is one more year before her graduation. So, I got very mad and insisted to pursue the course. When graduation day came, as she received the diploma, she was so happy. While going down the stage, she saw me waving to her. I came near and gave her a hug. She was teary-eye while one of her professors, congratulated her of the success. I knew that she had realized the value of education in life.
                Challenges were on our way as she was on her search for a job. We had some fights with her with regard to my contradiction to her gang. I believed that she finds comfort and worth with their company. So, I encouraged her to join the same community I have. I was so thankful for our relationship as a brother and sister has been growing.  Now, that we are far from each other. There were moments that I still feel the guilt. I always have wished to be with them to cope up from my mistakes.  
               
                I pray on your birthday that may you truly find the joy.  As your elder brother, I am always hoping for the best of your life. I know that, someday, you will be surprised of God’s plan in your life.  Just keep your faith on Him for in the right time, He will bless you abundantly. Though we are away from each other, you will always be here in my mind and heart.  I LOVE YOU MY DEAREST SISTER.

No comments:

Post a Comment